Red Wine Sauce
How to Make Red Wine Sauce
- 1Grate onion finely and crush garlic into a small bowl.
- 2In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine.
- 3Add onion and garlic and cook five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in flour and cook one minute, stiring.
- 5Remove from heat and gradually stir in stock and wine.
- 6Return pan to heat and bring slowly to a boil, stirring,then continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- 7Simmer for three minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- 8Stir chopped thyme into sauce along with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Reheat sauce gently before serving.
- 10Serve with beef.
- 11* Use medium-dry white wine in place of red wine to make a white wine sauce and serve it with poultry or fish.