Red Wine Sauce
How to Make Red Wine Sauce
- Grate onion finely and crush garlic into a small bowl.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine.
- Add onion and garlic and cook five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour and cook one minute, stiring.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in stock and wine.
- Return pan to heat and bring slowly to a boil, stirring,then continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- Simmer for three minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir chopped thyme into sauce along with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat sauce gently before serving.
- Serve with beef.
- * Use medium-dry white wine in place of red wine to make a white wine sauce and serve it with poultry or fish.