Mom's Spaghetti Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes
- italian sausage links
- 1-2 lb
- ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 large
- cloves garlic
- 2 can(s)
- tomato paste, 6 ounces each
- 4 can(s)
- tomato sauce, 15 ounces each
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet basil
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- 1-2 tsp
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Mom's Spaghetti Sauce
- 1You may make this sauce with meat or with sausage or both.
- 2For SAUSAGE start like this; In your pot, brown sausages very well and remove from pot.
- 3Add 1/4 cup of oil to pot, then the two large onions diced fine (not minced), and then add five to six cloves of minced garlic (or to your taste) to oil dripping and the onion.
- 4Very, very slowly brown onions stirring often.
- 5Do not let it burn or the sauce will taste burned.
- 6For MEAT start like this; Add 1/4 cup of oil to pot, then the two large onions diced fine (not minced), and then add five to six cloves of minced garlic (or to your taste) to oil dripping and the onion.
- 7Very, very slowly brown onions stirring often.
- 8Do not let it burn or the sauce will taste burned.
- 9Add your meat and brown, breaking up the meat into the size you want to eat.
- 10Continue here; Then to your pot add the two cans of tomato paste, and the four cans of tomato sauce.
- 11Fill paste can (just one paste can) with water and rinse out both paste cans.
- 12Add to pot.
- 13Fill sauce can (just one sauce can) with water and rinse out all four sauce cans.
- 14Add to pot.
- 16If you cooked the sausages replace them into the sauce now.
- 17Add sweet basil, Italian seasoning and parsley.
- 19Add black pepper and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 20STIR and TASTE.
- 21Add more salt if you would like.
- 22Bring to a boil (uncovered) then turn down the heat and simmer for about 4 hours or until you can't wait any longer.
- 23It's best to cook the sauce for at least 2 hours to get the flavors to start to blend.
- 24Stir every 30 minutes or so.