How to Make Large Roux
- In 2-Quart batter bowl, combine flour and oil or margarine. Mix well.
- Microwave on High for 9 to 10 minutes or until as dark as desired. (Stir when there are 4 minutes left on the timer, when there are 2 minutes, when there is 1 minute, and when there are 30 seconds left on the timer.
- Stir when timer counts to zero. If this is not dark enough for you, continue to microwave on High 30 seconds at a time until of desired darkness.
- Add onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir well.
- Microwave on High for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft but not brown.