★★★★★ 1 vote
- 2 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- whole, dried cloves
- 3-4 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- allspice, ground or 4 whole
- 2-3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- blackstrap molasses or honey
- 2 tsp
- onion powder
How to Make Kate's Home-Made BBQ sauce
- 1Take the stewed tomatoes, and cook them down (over medium heat) until they release most of their liquid in a large sauce pan (or dutch oven), remove solids and return liquids to pan.
- 2Add chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (if you prefer less heat in your sauce, use 1/4-1/2 can). Continue to simmer, adding spices.
- 3Slowly add sugar and honey/molasses stirring occasionally.
- 4Simmer sauce over low to medium heat for as long as necessary to thicken to a sauce, allowing extra liquids to cook off.
- 5Store refrigerated until use.
About Kate's Home-Made BBQ sauce
Course/Dish: Other Sauces