Italian Meat Sauce Mix1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbmild italian sausage
1/2 tspinstant minced garlic
1 mediumcarrot, peeled
2 Tbspsweet basil leaves
10 ozfrozen broccoli
1 can(s)tomato paste (12 ounces)
2 lblean ground beef
1 smallonion, peeled
1/4 tspchili powder
10 ozfrozen cauliflower
1 can(s)tomato puree, 29 ounces
How to Make Italian Meat Sauce Mix
- Peel and crumble the sausage.
- In a large kettle or dutch oven, brown the Italian sausage, ground beef, salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Put onion and carrot in blender.
- Cover with water and finely chop.
- Drain off water and add onion and carrot to meat in the kettle.
- Continue cooking with meat mixture.
- Stir in basil, chili powder, thyme, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add tomato puree, tomato paste and 8 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 8 hours.
- Skim off fat.
- Put into eight or nine 1 pint containers.
- Seal and label containers Italian Meat Sauce Mix.
- Freeze and use within 6 months.
- Makes between 8 and 9 pints of mix.