★★★★★ 1 vote5
·4cups whole milk
·pint of heavy cream
·4-6 teasps of white or red wine viniger
·mesh sifter and bowl to place underneath it
How to Make ina's reccotta cheese
- in sauce pan bring milk to almost boil pour in the heavy cream let come to almost boil
- while still in sauce pan add the viniger
- let set for a while it will start thickening
- when thick, place mesh sifter over bowl and place cheese cloth over sifter
- remove sauce pan from heat and pour into cheese cloth thats on mesh sifter. don't let the sifter touch bottom of bowl
- keep draining bowl til theres nothing in it. lift cheese cloth with cheese in it and sqeese what moister there is in out.
- then place reccotta cheese in another bowl and crumble up
- from there u can make a dip with it or lasanga or whatever recipe that calls for reccotta cheese.
- hope u like and find this recipe useful.