Home Made Tomato Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- 1-8 oz. pkg
- slice portabella mushroom
- 6 large
- cloves garlic, pressed
- 16 medium
- ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch
- oregano, thyme and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Home Made Tomato Sauce
- 1In a large soup pot, boil some water. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for a few minutes, then into cold water. Remove the skins from all the tomatoes. Discard the skins.
- 2Put the peeled tomatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Clean out the pot and add some oil; saute on medium low.
- 4Saute the cut up onion. Soon as the onions are just transparent, add the chopped up Portabella mushrooms. Saute a few more minutes.
- 5Add the pressed garlic and stir, don't let the garlic burn.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add the tomatoes and break them up into smaller pieces. Stir around and add some of the herbs. Simmer for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- 7Store in a large jar in a fridge. I got 2 gallons of sauce out of this recipe.