Home Made Tomato Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspolive oil
1-8 oz. pkgslice portabella mushroom
6 largecloves garlic, pressed
16 mediumripe tomatoes
1 bunchoregano, thyme and basil
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Home Made Tomato Sauce
- In a large soup pot, boil some water. Drop the tomatoes into the boiling water for a few minutes, then into cold water. Remove the skins from all the tomatoes. Discard the skins.
- Put the peeled tomatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- Clean out the pot and add some oil; saute on medium low.
- Saute the cut up onion. Soon as the onions are just transparent, add the chopped up Portabella mushrooms. Saute a few more minutes.
- Add the pressed garlic and stir, don't let the garlic burn.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and break them up into smaller pieces. Stir around and add some of the herbs. Simmer for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Store in a large jar in a fridge. I got 2 gallons of sauce out of this recipe.