How to Make Holiday Spice Potpourri
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, peel fruit carefully, removing only the peel, not any of the white pith.
- 2Cut or tear into one inch pieces.
- 3Spread peel on paper towel lined pan.
- 4Place in preheated oven to 175.
- 5Dry in oven for 1 1/2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- 6Peels should be leathery and/or slightly crunchy.
- 7Spread peels on dry paper towels and let air dry for 24 hours.
- 8Combine with remaining ingredients.
- 9Fill jars with mixture, place lids on and screw bands on tightly.
yield: 3 or 4 half pint jars.
- 10To use:
Remove lid and leave band on for decoration to fragrance a room. OR put one Tblsp into a jar and fill jar with boiling water to release fragrance.