Green Tomato Ketchup(Relish)
- 1 peck green tomatoes(about 24 large tomatoes)
- 6 green peppers
- 6 red sweet peppers
- 10 onions
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- sterilized, clean jars with lids and rings
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice tied in a cheesecloth bag
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 quart water
How to Make Green Tomato Ketchup(Relish)
- 1Cut or grind vegetables.(My aunt used a grinder, coarse ground)
- 2Soak in brine overnight.
- 3The next morning drain or squeeze out brine.
- 4Mix vinegar, sugar and spices together.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Add vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- 7Put in jars and seal.
- 8As always make sure your jars are clean with no chips or cracks and wipe the rim to be sure there is nothing on it. I know most of you ladies know this, but "newbies" may not.