Green Tomato Ketchup(Relish)
·1 peck green tomatoes(about 24 large tomatoes)
·6 green peppers
·6 red sweet peppers
·5 cups apple cider vinegar
·5 cups sugar
·sterilized, clean jars with lids and rings
·2 tablespoons pickling spice tied in a cheesecloth bag
·1/4 cup salt
·1 quart water
How to Make Green Tomato Ketchup(Relish)
- Cut or grind vegetables.(My aunt used a grinder, coarse ground)
- Soak in brine overnight.
- The next morning drain or squeeze out brine.
- Mix vinegar, sugar and spices together.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put in jars and seal.
- As always make sure your jars are clean with no chips or cracks and wipe the rim to be sure there is nothing on it. I know most of you ladies know this, but "newbies" may not.