★★★★★ 1 vote5
7 lbcucumbers, sliced
2 cpickling limes
2 Tbspwhole cloves
1 Tbsppickling spices
·green food coloring
How to Make Green Pickles
- Place sliced cucumbers in 2 gallons water with 2 cups of lime. Let this set for 24 hours. Rinse well (5 or 6 times).
- Put in ice water for 3 hours. Drain. Place back in crock. Pour in heated vinegar solution and leave 24 hours. Then cook one hour on low simmer.
- VINEGAR SOLUTION: Place pickling spices, cinnamon, and whole cloves in cheese cloth.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt and food coloring. Place spice bag in vinegar solution. Heat.
- Place pickles in pint jars and add 2 piece screw on lids. Place in boiling water bath for 11 minutes. Set on towels on counter. Let cool for 24 hours.