Green Chile Tomato Sauce
1 Tbspcoconut oil
1 largesweet onion, chopped medium
6 mediumgarlic cloves, pressed
6 largewhite button mushrooms, chopped
3-14.5 oz can(s)fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 Tbspdried oregan
1 tspdried apples
·coarse salt and cracked pepper to taste
1 cfrozen mild green chilies, drained
How to Make Green Chile Tomato Sauce
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep saute pan.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until transparent. About 10 minutes.
- Add the pressed garlic and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the chili and canned tomatoes, oregano and thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer on low for about 30 minutes, stir occasionally. When the liquid has reduced it's done.
- Serve over rice or pasta.