Green Chile Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 1 large
- sweet onion, chopped medium
- 6 medium
- garlic cloves, pressed
- 6 large
- white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3-14.5 oz can(s)
- fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- dried oregan
- 1 tsp
- dried apples
- coarse salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1 c
- frozen mild green chilies, drained
How to Make Green Chile Tomato Sauce
- 1Heat the coconut oil in a deep saute pan.
- 2Add the chopped onion and saute until transparent. About 10 minutes.
- 3Add the pressed garlic and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- 4Add the chopped mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are soft.
- 5Add the chili and canned tomatoes, oregano and thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Let simmer on low for about 30 minutes, stir occasionally. When the liquid has reduced it's done.
- 7Serve over rice or pasta.