Generic Yet Decadent Mushroom Sauce
Andy Anderson !2
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 slice
- applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- button mushrooms, sliced; including the stems
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dried basil, and oregano
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine (chardonnay, or sauvignon blanc)
How to Make Generic Yet Decadent Mushroom Sauce
- 4Add the garlic, cayenne, basil, and oregano, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 5Chef’s Note: Make sure to keep the pan active, so that nothing burns.
- 7Taste the sauce, and then add a small amount of salt & pepper, (if necessary) and then taste again.
Salt & taste… Salt & taste… our instructor would say to us… How can you hope to be a chef, if you don't taste your work.