How to Make Garlic Lover's Pizza Sauce
- 1Pour the oil into a deep, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion and green pepper then cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender.
- 4Add the water and then stir in the tomato paste.
- 5Sprinkle the sauce with the basil, oregano and parsley.
- 6Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the salt and pepper to taste, and if desired, add 2 to 3 dashes of hot pepper sauce.
- 8Let simmer, stirring often, about 30 minutes or until the sauce if very thick.
- 9Makes about 3 cups of sauce--this is sufficient sauce for two 12-14 inch round pizzas or 1 oblong pizza or 1 deep dish pizza.