Garlic Infused Olive Oil
The garlic cloves will get soft, still flavorful, and just right for mashing and using for sandwich spreads (mixed with mayo and mustard) or in salad dressings. You will find many uses for this garlic that has been cooked by the hot oil. And, the bonus is the oil is infused with a mellow garlic essence, great for cooking and baking.
How to Make Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1Place peeled and halved* garlic cloves in a 1 qt. jar.
*It's not completely necessary but I have found that by cutting the cloves in half, it infuses more flavor into the oil.
- 2Pour oil into small sauce pan and heat over medium heat until very hot, but not boiling.
- 3Pour hot oil over garlic cloves. CAREFUL - the oil will begin to bubble and boil up as it hits the garlic cloves; that's why you need such a big jar.)
- 4Allow to set on your counter where it's close by and ready to use in multiple ways.
- 5NOTE: You can always transfer to a smaller jar if you wish, but I just leave everything where it is.