Fresh Chunky Strawberry Topping
That was until I bought the pineapple corer/cutter that took both hubby and I to operate...juice everywhere.
Never one to throw an $8 kitchen gadget out, I started using the pineapple cutter for strawberries! It works like a charm, as you can see in the photo!
- 2 qt
- fresh strawberrys
- 1/2 to 2/3 c
- sugar, or your favorite sugar substitute
- pineapple cutter/corer or biscuit cutter to chop fruit
How to Make Fresh Chunky Strawberry Topping
- 1clean and top strawberries, cut out any damaged areas
- 2put half of the strawberries in a medium mixing bowl, add the amount of sugar you wish to use. Start cutting the strawberries apart using the pineapple cutter or biscuit cutter, push any stuck pieces in the pineapple cutter back into the bowl, and cut while stirring to mix the juices in with the sugar. This first round of cutting I take a little longer with to get more uniform sized chunks of fruit.
- 3Add the rest of the strawberries and start chopping them into the bowl, this time allowing bigger chunks to remain. You still have plenty of juice, but there is more nice chunks of strawberry vs juice.
- 4Pour your strawberry topping into storage container with a tight fitting lid [I use the As-Seen-On-TV green storage boxes for fruit & veggies because they do work, I have two sets.] Let chill in the fridge at least an hour before serving.