flavored simple syrup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cberries frozen or fresh, of your choice
1 1/2 csugar
How to Make flavored simple syrup
- Place water and sugar into a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir and heat until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the berries. I love using blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and cranberries.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Pour into a fine mesh strainer to press the juices through, discard the seeds and pulp.
- Let cool then place in a container and store in the fridge.