flavored simple syrup
- 2 c
- berries frozen or fresh, of your choice
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make flavored simple syrup
- 1Place water and sugar into a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir and heat until all the sugar is dissolved.
- 2Add in the berries. I love using blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and cranberries.
- 3Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 8 minutes.
- 4Pour into a fine mesh strainer to press the juices through, discard the seeds and pulp.
- 5Let cool then place in a container and store in the fridge.