★★★★★ 1 vote5
one 6 oz can(s)tomato paste
1/3 cbourbon (water or chicken stock can substitute)
1/3 cbrown sugar, light
1 tspcoarse salt (kosher)
1/2 tspmustard, ground
1/2 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Easy BBQ sauce
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture comes to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking and stirring until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Tips
(If you use water or chicken broth in place of the bourbon. You may need to adjust the seasonings.)
- Transfer to an airtight container. (You can use canning jars for storage.) Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.