Best Bread Crumb Mix
- 6 slice
- day old bread
- 1 pkg
- italian dressing mix
- 2 tsp
- dry milk or dry buttermilk powder
- sprays of cooking spray, butter flavor
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs, optional but adds crispness to chicken etc.
How to Make Best Bread Crumb Mix
- 1Preheat oven to 250*F Lay out old bread slices on a 11x15 jelly roll pan. Spray each side with one spray of butter flavored cooking spray. Bake in oven to dry out the bread about 10 minutes per side until bread is hard and dry. Time is approximate and be sure to watch so bread slices do not burn
- 2In your food processor or blender crumble the dry bread and add the package of Italian Salad Dressing mix and dry milk powder. Blend well and put in air tight container. Attach recipe to this. It makes about 2 cups of dry bread crumbs. You can freeze your bread ends till you have enough to make the crumbs. No waste!! Add 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs for crispier coating!
- 3Print Directions and cut and paste to the container so you can make these again. Try your own spice mixture you use for your meats for a different blend. I have several flavors, Ranch Bread Crumbs, Cajun Bread Crumbs, Taco Bread Crumbs.. Use up all your old spices.
- 4This makes good meatloaf. You can also dip chicken or pork chops in water then the crumbs and spray with pam. Then oven bake and you have crispy oven fried Chicken or oven fried pork chops. Even fish you like it. Shakey Bakey Crumb Mix