Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1yellow onion, chopped
5 clovegarlic, chopped
3 Tbsptomato paste
12 ozdr. pepper (one can)
1/2 ccider vinegar
1/3 cworcestershire sauce
1/2 cdark brown sugar, packed
2 tspancho or new mexican ground chiles
1 tspwhite pepper, ground
How to Make Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the flavors have blended. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, if needed. Don't overseason, because the meat should already have a rub on it.
- Continue cooking until the sauce begins to thicken, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool for about 10 minutes or until it is warm but no longer "boiling" hot. Puree with an immersion or traditional blender-this will make the sauce thicker. Let cool.
- The sauce will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To use: Brush it on well-seasoned meat 5 to 15 minutes before the cooking time is finished. If desired, serve extra on the side.