Creamy Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 conion, finely chopped
1/4 ccarrots, finely chopped
2garlic cloves, minced
3 tspolive oil
1/2 tspcurry powder
4 cchicken broth
2 cmushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspshallots, minced
1 tsplemon juice
2 tsptarragon, fresh minced
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Combine onion, carrot, 1 garlic clove and 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in heavy medium saucepan; cook over low heat until veggies are tender, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- Add curry powder and saute 2 minutes.
- Add stock and rosemary and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 25 minutes.
- Strain through sieve set over bowl, pressing on solids.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add mushrooms and cook until almost no liquid remains in skillet, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add shallot and remaining minced garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Add strained stock and boil until liquid is reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve, set over a saucepan.
- Mix in lemon juice and season to taste with pepper.
- (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Bring sauce to a simmer, mix in tarragon and serve.
- Serve over grilled pork, veal or chicken.