Creamy Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- carrots, finely chopped
- garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- curry powder
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- rosemary sprig
- 2 c
- mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- shallots, minced
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- tarragon, fresh minced
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1Combine onion, carrot, 1 garlic clove and 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in heavy medium saucepan; cook over low heat until veggies are tender, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- 2Add curry powder and saute 2 minutes.
- 3Add stock and rosemary and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and cook until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 25 minutes.
- 5Strain through sieve set over bowl, pressing on solids.
- 6Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add mushrooms and cook until almost no liquid remains in skillet, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- 7Increase heat to medium-high; add shallot and remaining minced garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- 8Add strained stock and boil until liquid is reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 9Transfer to blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 10Strain through a sieve, set over a saucepan.
- 11Mix in lemon juice and season to taste with pepper.
- 12(Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 13Bring sauce to a simmer, mix in tarragon and serve.
- 14Serve over grilled pork, veal or chicken.