CopyCat Lafayette Coney Island Sauce
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 14 oz
- chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- each, chili powder and paprika
- 1 tsp
- each cumin and tumeric
- cubes chicken bouillon
- 6 oz
- v-8 juice
How to Make CopyCat Lafayette Coney Island Sauce
- 1Heat the oil in a large saute pan and brown the meat in it until no longer pink. Use a potato masher to break it up into very small bits.
- 2In a blender, add all the rest and whirr up for a couple of seconds. Pour into the cooked meat, and heat until it comes to a soft boil and it thickens up.
- 3When done, remove 2 c from the pan and return to blender and puree. Pour back in the pan. You are done. Serve at the table with a ladle.
- 4Proper coney eating etiquette: place two buns on a plate, add a hot dog to each. Ladle about 2-3 tbsp of sauce on each. Throw on a handful of raw diced onions and squiggle some ballpark mustard atop. Grab a fork!