☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumonion, chopped
2 largepotatoes, chopped
3 cchicken stock
2 clight cream or half & half
1 cyogurt, plain
1 bunchchives, chopped
1 stalk(s)asparagus, optional
How to Make Chuck's "Fishy Sauce"
- Strip outer portion of leek, wash well, slice in half lengthwise.
- Heat the leeks and onions in butter "until transparent", don't brown.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock, heat to boiling, then reduce to simmer. Cook uncovered until potato pieces are tender, about 30 minutes or so.
- Puree the whole mess in a blender. Run through sieve, or old stocking if so inclined.
- Add cream (Arf-n-arf) and tabasco, stir well.
- Chill well.
- Stir in yogurt just before serving. Float some chives on top.
- On M/S FANTASY, they cut a thin (about a pencil width) asparagus tip into pieces about 3/8" long. Stir into the "fishy sauce". Tasted great.