★★★★★ 1 vote5
·4 tbsp. butter
·4 tbsp. flour
·2 c. milk
·1/2 - 1 lb. velveeta style cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheese Sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. (Sometimes I use a little more butter)
- Add flour and mix together until it makes a roux. It will be bubbly.
- Add milk and whisk constantly until thick. If it gets too thick you may some more milk.
- Add cubed cheese and whisk until cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- May be used to make mac and cheese, cheesy potatoes, or any side dish that requires a cheese sauce.