- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 - 1 lb. velveeta style cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheese Sauce
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. (Sometimes I use a little more butter)
- 2Add flour and mix together until it makes a roux. It will be bubbly.
- 3Add milk and whisk constantly until thick. If it gets too thick you may some more milk.
- 4Add cubed cheese and whisk until cheese is melted.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6May be used to make mac and cheese, cheesy potatoes, or any side dish that requires a cheese sauce.