How to Make Brown Sugar Glaze
- heat a small saucepan over medium low heat and add butter.
- whisk constantly until melted, then continue to whisk as bubbles foam and eventually brown bits appear in the bottom of the pan.
- this will take about 5-6 minutes total. as soon as the brown bits appear, remove from the heat. i always stir for a additional 30 seconds or so. let cook 10 minutes.
- in a large bowl combine brown butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- whisk until the mixture comes together then add 1 tablespoon of milk, continuing to mix.
- i always stir my glaze for a good 3-4 minutes so they really come together.
- if it still doesn't appear glaze like, add in milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time and mix again.
- don't worry if it becomes to liqudly, just add a tiny bit of powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- spoon glaze on warm muffins or dip each top in the glaze, then serve.