- 3 Tbsp
- wine vinegar
- 1 tsp
- finely chopped shallots, or green onion
- peppercorns, crushed
- bouquet garni of a few tarragon and chervil leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- cold water
- egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- butter, room temperature
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp
- minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
How to Make Bearnaise Sauce
- 1In a saucepan, combine wine vinegar, shallots, peppercorns, and bouquest garni.
Simmer till liquid is reduced to half.
Strain; add cold water to herb liquid
- 2Beast egg yolks in top of double boiler( not over the water )
Slowly add herb liquid.
Add a few tablespoons butter to egg yolks, placing over ( not touching ) boiling water
- 3Cook and stir till butter melts and sauce starts to thicken.
Continue adding butter and stirring till all has been used and sauce is smooth as thick cream.
- 4Remove from heat.
Salt to taste