1 conions, chopped
1/2 cvegetable oil
10 ozspinach, fresh and chopped
1/2 lbtomatillos, coarsely chopped
4 ozgreen chile peppers, chopped
2garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbspdried oregano
1 cchicken broth
2 csour cream
How to Make Basic Green Sauce
- Cook and stir onions in oil in a 3-quart saucepan until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except broth and sour cream; Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place mixture in food processor workbowl fitted with steel blade or in a blender container; cover and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Return mixture to saucepan; stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes; Stir in sour cream.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining sauce.