Naked corn on the cob…not!
Irisa Raina 9
Sometimes I’ll make a big ol’ batch of the marinade and portion it out and freeze it.
If you are not going to use this for the corn do not add the butter.
If you don’t want to reduce this marinade, freeze it…and use it for another recipe but marinade the corn for a longer time. I’ve use this is Mexican soups, stews, taco’s etc…and as I always say let your imagination run wild.
I served this corn with grilled strip steak and mashed taters.
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 – 12 ounce cans seagram’s ginger ale
- 1 – 7 & ¾ can el pato tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper seasoning
- 1 stick un-salted butter softened
- if you can’t find the chipotle seasoning, you can use chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper.
- the tomato sauce can be found at most grocery stores now.
How to Make Naked corn on the cob…not!
- 4Return the corn to the refrigerator till you are ready to cook them.
- 8Make sure the mixture is "not" warm; you don’t want to melt the butter.