★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- meat of choice, pork, chicken, shrimp, scallops, halibut chunks
- 1 c
- olive oil, or oil of choice
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 4-6 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 medium
- lemon, sliced thin
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic or amount to your taste
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- dry mustard
- optional- you can add 3/4 c. pineapple juice or even orange juice
How to Make Marinate for white meat, shrimp, halibut, or chicken
- 1add all ingredients to 1 gallon ziplock bag. add meat, sealing bag with as little air in bag as possible. refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning every hour or so.
- 2I usually put down heavy duty foil on the BBQ grill and put the chicken down and grill on medium high grill (375*) for 8-10 min. on each side, making sure to brown each side nicely. If using shrimp, I add 1 tsp. pepper flakes to marinate, and put on metal skewers and skipping the foil and just grill enough to heat through and get nice grill marks on both sides. I do not use raw shrimp. Salt is usually on the table for those who want it. I never need it. I serve with steamed jasmine rice and a nice salad and crusty bread.
- 3if you want to use bamboo skewers, soak for 1 hour in warm water, so they won't burn. If I add pineapple juice to marinate, then I add pineapple chunks between the meat on the skewer and grill.