HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX
Photo is my own.
- cup instant minced onion
- tablespoons chili powder
- tablespoons ground cumin
- tablespoons salt
- tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- tablespoon instant minced garlic
- tablespoon cornstarch
- teaspoons oregano, crushed well
- small sandwich bags
How to Make HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX
- 1Combine until mixed very well. Divide mixture into 6 evenly distributed portions, and place in the sandwich bags. Place the 6 sandwich bags into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Include the recipe!
- 2HOW TO USE THE MIX:
Brown one pound of ground beef in a skillet. Drain the fat if any. Add one package of Taco Seasoning to the meat. Stir. Add 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of catsup. Simmer about ten minutes until water has evaporated.
- 3Fry your own taco shells (they always taste better!) You can use prepared taco shells, too. Start with spooning the meat into the shells, adding chopped onion, and cheese, topping with chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Serve with taco sauce, sour cream and guacamole and refried beans.