How to Make Fire in the Hole
- 1Whisk together mustard powder and 1/4 cup of the Coors Light in a heat proof small bowl and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, bring 1 inch of water to a simmer in a small pot.
- 3Add liquid smoke, garlic, cayenne, jalapeno, paprika, black pepper, and cumin to mustard mixture and whisk to combine.
- 4Place the bowl over the simmering water (the bowl shouldn’t touch the water) and cook, stirring frequently, until the mustard is slightly thickened and yellow-brown and the taste has mellowed a little, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- 5Whisk in remaining beer to thin out the mustard, cover, and immediately refrigerate.
- 6Keep refrigerated at least 24 hours before using.