Chipotle Chocolate Cinnamon Rub
Irisa Raina 9
- 1 tablespoon salt “ kosher or sea salt “
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 3 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry minced garlic
- 1 well rounded teaspoon of un-sweetened cocoa " dark hersheys "
How to Make Chipotle Chocolate Cinnamon Rub
- 1Put all the above in a food processor or blender and mix till all is almost a fine powder.
- 2This is a great rub for chicken or ribs. Simply rub it on and then let it marinade in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- 3And if you want to turn this into a BBQ sauce all you need to do is add the following to 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the master mix to:
1 cup apple juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon water
Cook till it is as thick as you want it.
- 4A double whammy to this recipe is this I use the rub as just that on the meat, and then take some of the rub and make a sauce out of it and baste the same while it is on the grille. If you make this into a sauce you'll need to keep it refrigerated.