Candy apple BBQ marinade and sauce
Irisa Raina 9
If you don’t want to add the Hot Damn then double the amount of red hot candies.
I did pork steaks with this sauce and it was amazing!!!
- 1 – 18 ounce bottle plain bbq sauce
- 1 -12 ounce can frozen apple juice
- 1- 18 ounce jar apple jelly
- 1 – 18 ounce jar plum jam
- 6 ounces red hot’s candy
- 1 cup dekuyper hot damn
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
How to Make Candy apple BBQ marinade and sauce
- 1Put the candies in a zip lock bag and crush them.
- 2Bring apple juice and red hots to a boil, in a non stick pot.
Turn down heat and reduce by ½. You’ll want to stir this often.
- 3Remove from heat and add the liquor, then place the pot back on a low heat. NEVER ADD ANY LIQUOR TO A PAN WHILE IT IS ON THE HEAT!
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer, for about 1 hour.
- 5After 1 hour I take about ½ out while it is thin like for a marinade. Then I cook down the rest till it is reduced by ½.