Tomato Lime Preserves
- 4 c
- ripe peeled,chopped, and drained tomatoes
- navel oranges,rind grated and pulp seeded and chopped
- limes, rind grated and pulp seeded and chopped
- cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 c
How to Make Tomato Lime Preserves
- 1In a large heavy stainless steel saucepan, place all ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture simmer about 1 hour until thickened.
- 2Remove from heat and take out cinnamon sticks.
- 3Fill jars to within 1/2 inch of the top and cap containers according to manufacturer's directions. Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.