- 5 medium
- ripe tomatoes
- 4 c
- chopped, peeled tart apples (about 4 large)
- 2 medium
- lemons, seeded and ground
- 6 c
- 2 1/4 tsp
- ground ginger
- whole cloves
How to Make Tomato Lemon Marmalade
- 1Peel, quarter, & chop tomatoes. Drain in colander. Prepare apples and lemons while tomatoes drain.
- 2Transfer tomatoes to kettle, add apples & lemons. Cook and stir over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 3Add sugar & ginger and stir until sugar dissolves. Tie cloves in a bag, add to kettle. Reduce heat, simmer 40 minutes.
NOTE: I've used ground cloves when I didn't have whole cloves.
- 4Ladle into jars. Process for 10 minutes in hot water bath. Yield: 9 half pints.