Anna Mae Kantor
I hope you enjoy it as much as we always did when Mom made it.
- 4 c
- tomatoes--skinned and chopped up
- 4 c
- granulated sugar
- a few whole cloves (very few)
- lemon (sliced very thin)
- 1 pkg
- liquid fruit pectin
How to Make Tomato Jelly
- 1Skin and chop tomatoes and place in pot with the sugar, few cloves (like 3 or 4)and lemon slices, cooking on a medium heat about 20 minutes or so, until thickened. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn, stirring constantly.
- 2Fill small jars that have been sterilized with the hot jelly, wipe off the rims and apply the seals and lids. Place on counter to cool and listen for them to seal.
- 3I added a package of pectin because, if I remember right, it is a very thin consistency, like almost too thin and it needs to be thickened up a bit.
- 4Enjoy !!