- 1 c
- fully ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3-1/2 c
- ripe peaches (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla powder
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 6 c
- white sugar
- 1 box
- powdered pectin
- 1 tsp
- butter or margerine
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Sunrise Banana Peach Jam
- 1Peel bananas and cut into small chunks. Place into heavy pan or dutch oven.
- 2Chop peaches in small dice. Add to bananas in pan. Mash fruits in pan with fork or potato masher.
- 3Measure out sugar and set aside.
- 4Add vanilla powder, lemon juice, pectin and butter (or margerine) to pan. Stir in to blend.
- 5Put on medium high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until fruit reaches a full, rolling boil. Immediately stir in all the sugar at once.
- 6Bring to a second full, rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for one full minu te.
- 7Remove from heat and skim foam. If adding nuts, stir in now.
- 8Ladle jam into sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2" headspace. Seal jars with sterilized lids and screw caps.
- 9Process jars in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.