1 cfully ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
3-1/2 cripe peaches (about 2 pounds)
1 tspvanilla powder
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
6 cwhite sugar
1 boxpowdered pectin
1 tspbutter or margerine
1/2 cchopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Sunrise Banana Peach Jam
- Peel bananas and cut into small chunks. Place into heavy pan or dutch oven.
- Chop peaches in small dice. Add to bananas in pan. Mash fruits in pan with fork or potato masher.
- Measure out sugar and set aside.
- Add vanilla powder, lemon juice, pectin and butter (or margerine) to pan. Stir in to blend.
- Put on medium high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until fruit reaches a full, rolling boil. Immediately stir in all the sugar at once.
- Bring to a second full, rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for one full minu te.
- Remove from heat and skim foam. If adding nuts, stir in now.
- Ladle jam into sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2" headspace. Seal jars with sterilized lids and screw caps.
- Process jars in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.