Strawberry Freezer Jam
My Gram was always canning something and since she has now left us for a better place, I have been tracing back to all the things I loved about her.
Well, I needed a refresher course so I talked my husband into going to a class today to make the jam. We did get a dozen to take home. :-) Then, next Saturday we will get a flat of strawberries to can at home. I am looking on "Just A Pinch" for some more recipes for strawberry jams. I am really excited to make this and to share with family and friends.
I am thinking about inviting a few friends over so that they can learn how to make the jam too and we can make an afternoon of it and share lunch together.
Hope you enjoy too.
- 2 c
- fresh strawberries, mashed
- 4 c
- 1 pkg
- (1.75 ounce) premium fruit pectin
- 3/4 c
- 1 large
- plastic bowl
- 1 medium
- 6 pt
- jelly jars with lids
- 1 medium
- paper towels
- stickers for labeling jars
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED
How to Make Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 3Mash the strawberries. Now, measure out 2 cups of strawberries (this in includes the juice it has made.) After that, add your 4 cups of sugar and stir together. Make sure you are exact on measurements or it may not set up properly. Let stand for 10 minutes.
(Shhhh.....don't tell my husband his picture is in here. lol)
- 7Place tops on the jars and leave at room temp. for 24 hours. Wipe off the outside of the jars and remove any drippings of jam.
Usually the jars come with labels at the bottom of box. You can label your jar of jams with name of jam and date that you made them.
[Enjoy these now or refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Or you can freeze up to 1 year.] This type of jam does not have preservatives, so it will spoil after the 3 weeks. Please dispose of it after that.]