Strawberry Chipotle Jam
How to Make Strawberry Chipotle Jam
- Prep jars, you will need jars to hold 48 oz jam.
- Wash and rinse strawberries before smashing. Smash them to the consistency you like (i like big-ish chucks in my jam). Measure and set aside.
Measure out sugar, set aside. Measure out juice, set aside. Open pectin packet and set, upright, in cup.
- Remove Chipotle Chilies and set on cutting board. Pour all sauce into a small bowl and set aside. Take 2 or 3 chipotles and remove seeds and chop fine and add into the sauce.
- You need have all ingredients measured out and ready to go because the process is pretty fast.
- In large stockpot mix strawberries, sugar and lemon juice and bring to boil. When the mixture just comes to a boil add chipotles and sauce. Rapid boil until mixture will not stir down.
- Add pectin and continue boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour into prepared jars (be sure rings lips are clean and free of jam or jars will not seal). Add lids and rings. Place in very hot water bath for 10 minutes (be sure jars are fully submerged).
- Remove from heat and allow to rest on counter for 24 hours. Once opened, refrigerate for up to 2 months. Store, unopened, in cool dark place for up to 6 months.