Spicy Tomato Marmalade
How to Make Spicy Tomato Marmalade
- 1Peel, core and coarsely chop tomatoes (you should have 8 cups).
- 2Carefully remove thin outer peel from orange and lemon. Cut peel into thin slivers.
- 3Holding fruit over a bowl to catch juice, cut any remaining peel and the white membrane off the orange and lemon and discard.
- 4Coarsely chop the fruit.
- 5In a 5-quart dutch oven, combine the tomatoes, orange, lemon,slivered peel, vinegar,cinnamon, allspice,cloves, and sugar.
- 6Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, until reduced to 2 pints, it takes about 2 hours. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- 7While tomato mixture is simmering, prepare 2 pint canning jars. When mixture is reduced, fill jars to 1/8 inch from top of jar. Seal.