- 4 c
- blueberries,washed and stems removed
- 4 c
- pitted,peeled and diced peaches
- juice from a lemon
- 1/2 c
- 5 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- 1 tsp
- whole allspice
MAKE SURE THAT THE CINNAMON STICK AND ALLSPICE ARE TIED TOGETHER IN CHEESECLOTH
How to Make Spicy Blueberry Peach Preserve
- 1In a heavy stainless steel combine the blueberries,peaches,lemon juice, and water and bring to a boil. Let simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- 2Add sugar and spices and let cook until mixture thickens.
- 3Remove from heat and take out spices in cheesecloth.
- 4Fill jars to within 1/2 inch of the top. Cap containers and process in hot water bath for 20 minutes.