Spiced PEACH JAM (Homemade)
HINT: Just make it extra special with Holiday fabric Cut about 2" wider than your Jar Lid and Cut and Tie a Bow and your gift is ready for that special someone.
- 6 C
- peeled and chopped peaches (approx. 2 1/2 lbs)
- 3 C
- cinnamon stick
- 3 TBS
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- cardamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg, ground
SPICE PEACH JAM INGREDIENTS:
How to Make Spiced PEACH JAM (Homemade)
- 1Place all ingredients in a lge heavy pot; Stir o Mis well. Bring to Rolling BOIL over Med. High Heat.
continue to Boil 15 min, Stir occasionally. Adjust your heat to maintain an even boil.
- 2While mixture Boils, use Potato Masher to mash fruit to desired consistency.
Boil an additional 5-10 min, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened & set.( you'll begin to see bottom of the pot when this happend)temp should be 221* F. REMOVE from Heat; & remove Cinnamon stick.
- 3pour Hot into 4 (8oz) sterilized jars.
Wipe the rims well of any spills on the sides of the jar rims. Cover with Jar lids.
- 4Process in boiling water bath for 5 min.
Store: @ room temp.
This can be made up to a month ahead, and stored in refer. Or Store in Freezer for up to 9 months.
To test place a small plate in freezer to chill.
when jam begins to thicken place a small amount on the plate, if it is slightly set and does not run on plate when tilted its ready.
If its still runny on the plate, cook another 1-2 min. then Test/check again.
Great on toast, even Ice crean as a topping. . . yummmy!
this is my own photo, we like our a bit more chunky.