- 8 oz
- rose petals, red or deep pink, white part removed, organic with no pesticides used. a dozen roses usually yields 8 oz.
- 2 c
- lemons, juiced
- 3 c
- sure jel or similar 1.75oz pkg
How to Make Rose Petal Jam
- 1Place rose petals in a bowl sprinkle with enough sugar to cover and let sit overnight.
- 2Bring water, lemon juice, remaining sugar, rose petals to a boil stir til sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Return to a boil add sure-jel and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3Pour into 4 half pint sterilized jare seal with lids and bands. Store in a cool dark place.