Rhubarb Merlot Jam
How to Make Rhubarb Merlot Jam
- 1Cook chopped rhubarb in a heavy sauce pan with the merlot over low-medium heat until the rhubarb is soft (about 10 minutes).
- 2Add the sugar and bring to a rolling boil (boils even when stirred)stirring occasionally.
- 3Add pectin and bring back to a boil. Boil for exactly 1 minute.
- 4Remove from heat, skim off any froth that may have developed and quickly ladle into sterilized jars.
- 5Make sure the lips are clean and place warm canning lids. Secure the band on each jar and invert the jars on a counter - cover with a towel to keep warm. In about an hour you can turn them right side up again. You should hear the plinking of the jars sealing soon after. Enjoy!!