Relaxing Peach Lavender Jam
Diane Hopson Smith
Pour yourself a cup of your favoite hot tea and spread this on a buttered English Muffin, relax and enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp
- dried organic lavender flowers
- 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 4 c
- finely chopped peaches (i had a little more than 5 cups)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 6 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 3-ounce pouch liquid pectin
How to Make Relaxing Peach Lavender Jam
- 1Start by sterilizing jars and lids. This takes a little while, so I start this 1st. I place my clean jars in my canner and cover with hot water. Bring this to a boil and boil for at least 10 minutes. Remove jars when ready to use. Pour some of the boiling water from jars back into canner and keep the water boiling so you will be ready to process jars of jam. In another small pot; sterilize lids in gently boiling water.
- 4After 20 minutes, strain the liquid from the Lavender flowers into the pot that you will use to make your jam in. Add the peaches, lemon juice sugar and butter. (Butter helps reduce foaming) Over a medium high heat bring fruit mixture to a rolling boil. A rolling boil is a boil that you can not stir down with a spoon. Continue to boil fruit mixture 2 minute once it reaches a rolling boil, stirring continuously.