How to Make Purple Hull Pea Jelly
- 1Wash pea hulls thoroughly,at least twice,then bring to a boil in a heavy pan with enough water to cover hulls.Boil over heat 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Save the juice, approximately 8 cups, discard hulls.
- 3combine juice and sure-jell in heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Boild for 2 minutes. Add surgar and boil additinal minute.
- 4Pour mixture into clean steralized jars and seal.
- 5Purple hull peas produce grape flavored jelly.
White crowder pea hulls produce honey flavor.
Lady peas make apple jelly flavor.
By combining the hulls of crowder,purple, whippoorwill and lady pea hulls you get a plum tasting jelly.