Pear-Citrus Freezer Jam with Cardamom
- 4 c
- pears, cored, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 tsp
- cardamom powder
- 1 large
- orange, peeled, seeded, pith removed and separated into chunks
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar (superfine sugar if possible)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- vanilla paste
- 2 Tbsp
- instant pectin for freezer jam (read recipe intro)
How to Make Pear-Citrus Freezer Jam with Cardamom
- 1Cut up the pears into chunks. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground cardamom and mash up the pears into chopped bits using a potato masher.
- 2Cut up the orange chunks into small bits. You can do this by hand or using a food processor *briefly* on PULSE setting.
- 3Combine the oranges with the pear mash.
- 4Add the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla paste and the pectin to the fruit mixture. Stir constantly and vigorously for 3 minutes.
- 5Transfer to storage containers. Make sure to leave a head space of 3/4" to allow for expansion when the jam freezes. Cover and freeze.