Pear-Citrus Freezer Jam with Cardamom
4 cpears, cored, peeled and seeded
1/4 tspcardamom powder
1 largeorange, peeled, seeded, pith removed and separated into chunks
1 1/2 csugar (superfine sugar if possible)
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla paste
2 Tbspinstant pectin for freezer jam (read recipe intro)
How to Make Pear-Citrus Freezer Jam with Cardamom
- Cut up the pears into chunks. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground cardamom and mash up the pears into chopped bits using a potato masher.
- Cut up the orange chunks into small bits. You can do this by hand or using a food processor *briefly* on PULSE setting.
- Combine the oranges with the pear mash.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla paste and the pectin to the fruit mixture. Stir constantly and vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to storage containers. Make sure to leave a head space of 3/4" to allow for expansion when the jam freezes. Cover and freeze.