Peach - Habanero Jam
How to Make Peach - Habanero Jam
- 1Prepare your jars and lids according to the manufacturers directions. You will need 9 half pint size jars with lids and rims.
- 2Peel your peaches and chop finely. Place in a 6 to 8 quart saucepan. Do not use aluminum. Measure out your sugar and combine with fruit mix well, add your peppers and lemon juice and stir again. You can add 1/2 teaspoon of butter or margarine which will help cut the foam down.
- 3Bring your mixture to a full rolling boil, (a boil that doesn't stop bulling when stirred), on high heat. Stir constantly. Once it boils add the pectin and boil an additional one minute, remove from heat.
- 4Sim off any foam and ladle into your prepared jars to about 1/8 inch from the top. Wipe jar rims and threads, cover with 2 piece lids. Screw bands tightly.
- 5Process in a hot water canner for 10 minutes. Remove and place on a thick towel to cool.