If you like to do canning, this is a real easy recipe! You gotta try this one! With zucchini being so available in summer, this is a good way to use it up!
- 1 gal
- zucchini, peeled, seeded & sliced into 1" chunks
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 46 oz
- unsweeetened pineapple juice
- 1 bottle
- loran pineapple oil (2 dram size)
- 1/2 c
- bottled lemon juice (realemon)
How to Make MOCK PINEAPPLE
- 1In large stainless kettle, combine sugar, pineapple juice, oil and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add zucchini chunks and bring back to boil; let it boil for 3 minutes. Pack into hot, sterile pint jars and seal.
- 2The zucchini turns yellow and really tastes like pineapple! To use as a pie filling, thicken a pint with a little cornstarch. Or use for upside down cake! It's good mixed with cool whip and served in a graham cracker pie crust...You are limited only by your imagination!