MIXED FRUIT JELLY
1 1/2 c100% grape juice (purple, store bought is fine)
1 1/2 c100% cherry juice (store bought is fine)
2 c100% apple juice (again, go with store bought)
6 1/2 csugar, pre measured into a container
1 boxpowdered pectin
1 tspbutter or margarine
How to Make MIXED FRUIT JELLY
- Measure out your sugar into a container that is easily pourable. You will want to pour it quickly. Set it beside your stove, to have handy. Have a timer handy as well.
- Get your jars and lids ready. Have your jars sterilized and your lids heating, for a better seal.
- Make sure your pot is large enough for the boiling process so it doesn't boil over. Measure the juice into a pot on the stove, whisk in your powdered pectin until it is thoroughly dissolved. Add your margarine.
- Turn stove onto a high heat and bring to a boil. When at a full boil, add the sugar and stir in well till dissolved. Keep stirring until at a full rolling boil. Let it continue to boil for 1 minute while stirring. Set the timer for that 1 minute or watch the clock, you can go over a hair, not under.
- Remove from heat and skim the foam off. Pour immediately into prepared jars, put lids and rings on and set on a towel, in a dry area with little air flow. Some people set their jars upside down to make it seal, I personally do not. They all ping, so I know I have a good seal.