Mango Jalapeno Jelly
- 3 c
- mango's diced (i use the fresh mango spears found in the produce department at the supermarket)
- 10 medium
- fresh jalapeno's
- 2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 6 c
- 1 pkg
- 6 oz or both pouches of liquid pectin
How to Make Mango Jalapeno Jelly
- 1Sterilize and prepare pint canning jars and lids as directed.
- 2Cut stems off of Jalapeno's. (Be sure to wear plastic gloves.) Cut the Jalapeno's in thirds or quarters. Put cut up Jalapeno's in food processor or blender. Add Mango's and blend until pureed.
- 3In a heavy 6 quart pan add 6 cups sugar and 2 cups apple cider vinegar. Stir over med heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Once sugar is dissolved add Mango Pepper mixture. Bring to a rolling boil that you can not stir down for 10 minutes.
- 5Turn off heat and let cool for ten minutes.
- 6Add 6oz or two pouches of the liquid pectin. Bring back up to a rolling boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 7Ladle into jars. I use the hot water bath process. Some people just put the lids turn the jars upside down and the lids seal either way.
- 8It takes about 24 hours for the jelly to finish thickening.
- 9Enjoy as a snack with Bagels and Cream cheese. Iuse the jelly to make crostini appetizers and I use it for cooking.