Mango Jalapeno Jelly
3 cmango's diced (i use the fresh mango spears found in the produce department at the supermarket)
10 mediumfresh jalapeno's
2 capple cider vinegar
1 pkg6 oz or both pouches of liquid pectin
How to Make Mango Jalapeno Jelly
- Sterilize and prepare pint canning jars and lids as directed.
- Cut stems off of Jalapeno's. (Be sure to wear plastic gloves.) Cut the Jalapeno's in thirds or quarters. Put cut up Jalapeno's in food processor or blender. Add Mango's and blend until pureed.
- In a heavy 6 quart pan add 6 cups sugar and 2 cups apple cider vinegar. Stir over med heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Once sugar is dissolved add Mango Pepper mixture. Bring to a rolling boil that you can not stir down for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let cool for ten minutes.
- Add 6oz or two pouches of the liquid pectin. Bring back up to a rolling boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Ladle into jars. I use the hot water bath process. Some people just put the lids turn the jars upside down and the lids seal either way.
- It takes about 24 hours for the jelly to finish thickening.
- Enjoy as a snack with Bagels and Cream cheese. Iuse the jelly to make crostini appetizers and I use it for cooking.